[kernel] bug#75: lba_device_present() not implemented

None

X-PA-RISC Linux-PR-Message: report 75
X-PA-RISC Linux-PR-Package: kernel
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 18:23:56 -0800 (PST)
From: Grant Grundler <grundler@cup.hp.com>
To: bugs@bugs.parisc-linux.org

Package: kernel
Version: 20010301
Severity: normal

In linux/arch/parisc/kernel/lba_pci.c:lba_device_present(), we should
only permit config space poking at devices which are known to be present.
This is to avoid Elroy HW bugs.

We've gotten away with it so far since most drivers/interfaces don't
touch config space after boot up. Running lspci or other tool when
the system is busy may provoke a HPMC or something like that.
I expect we can get away with it for a while longer but this
should be fixed in the long term.

I would need to re-read the HPUX comments and Elroy Errata
(still not published! *arrghh*) in order to be more specific.

grant