bug#63: [kernel] bug#63: Kernel debugger - KWDB

None

X-PA-RISC Linux-PR-Message: report 63
X-PA-RISC Linux-PR-Package: kernel
To: 63@bugs.parisc-linux.org
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 15:35:40 -0800
From: Grant Grundler <grundler@cup.hp.com>

kernel-admin@lists.parisc-linux.org wrote:
> Kernel debugger - KWDB (Grant)

I've gotten KWDB to enter the trap handler but nothing else.
I've stopped work on this for two reasons:

o Halfdome emulator died when trying to boot a vmlinunx that worked
  on an A500. Debugging something I didn't really understand
  that well was getting too time consuming. The simulator would
  have been great to debug KWDB.

o KWDB project team never gave me permission to publish the result.
  I'm not going to work on something I can't publish since it
  won't be supportable.

  And they still haven't given me a list of IP they wish to protect
  (ie not publish) so I could strip those things out of the debugger.
  I started working on it because they *said* they would discuss
  the issue and resolve it in August 2000. Never happened.

The source tree I was using is badly out of date (Oct 2000 about)
and I'd rather help get the SGI KDB ported at this point.

grant

Grant Grundler
parisc-linux {PCI|IOMMU|SMP} hacker
+1.408.447.7253