[parisc-linux] Re: [parisc-linux-cvs] linux-2.6 jejb

Randolph Chung randolph at tausq.org
Wed May 5 23:05:21 MDT 2004

> > Move to 8 byte Page Table Entries for 32 bit kernels.  This allows us
> > to recover sixteen flag bits (the sixteen bits at the top of the pte for
> > 64 bit - 48 address bits is pretty unlikely to be hit soon) on both 32
> > and 64 bits.

jejb, this seems to have broken the kernel for me. On my c3750, -pa9
doesn't boot (-pa7 is ok). With -pa9 the machine HPMC's very early
during boot (i have early debug turned on, but there was no console
output).

unfortunately the hpmc data doesn't seem to say very much. iaoq is
pointing to skip_save_ior. rp is 0 :-(

perhaps this is sensitive to amount of physical memory in the system? i
have 1.5GB in my system.

randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports