[parisc-linux] Changing hppa default on panic to "reboot after 180 seconds"?

Carlos O'Donell carlos at baldric.uwo.ca
Sat May 1 16:33:43 MDT 2004

parisc-linux,

I do a lot of my work remotely on older parisc boxes, and I usually slam
the kernel into a panic. Previously I had my entire cluster of 32+ boxes
running, so I could crash 32 times before having to go into the office.
Lately I've been a little more power conservative.

I remember having lots more fun on my PowerPC box because it would
reboot after 180 seconds after a panic.

Would anyone be opposed to adding 'panic_timeout = 180' in our
arch/parisc/kernel/setup.c:setup_arch()? :)

c.