[parisc-linux] HP 9000 Visualize C180 Workstation display does not appear.

Grant Grundler grundler at parisc-linux.org
Tue Mar 30 23:27:40 MST 2004

On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 08:37:22PM -0500, Prakash Shenoy wrote:
> Thanks for all the help. Sorry to bother you again.

np

> I tried
>
> 	bo fwscsi.6.0.
>
> I get this error message:
>
> ISL booting hp/ux.
>
> exec failed: cannot find /stand/vmunix or /vmunix.

If ISL is still present, it means the boot blocks from HPUX are
still intact. palo should normally overwrite those.

> Please note that I have formatted both the hard disks and

Low level SCSI format?
I don't think so.

> installed debian on fwscsi.6.0.
> What may be wrong here?

palo was probably invoked against the wrong disk or not invoked at all.
>From the Debian 3.0 install menu, you did "Make System bootable" step?

If you have both fwscsi.5.0 and fwscsi.6.0 present, linux
will find fwscsi.5.0 first and "name" it /dev/sda.
/dev/sdb will be fwscsi.6.0.

HPUX finds fwscsi.6.0 first and name it something like /dev/dsk/c0t6d0.
And thus until told otherwise, firmware will attempt to boot the HPUX disk
by default.