[parisc-linux] HP 9000 Visualize C180 Workstation display does not appear.

Grant Grundler grundler at parisc-linux.org
Thu Mar 25 21:40:08 MST 2004

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 10:06:35PM -0500, Prakash Shenoy wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I recently bought a HP 9000 Visualize C180 workstation from a vendor on eBay
> and EVC to VGA Video Adapter Cable from another vendor. Both claim that Non
> DOA on arrival.
>
> The workstation appears to boot properly but no display appears. Has any one
> come across this situation.

Have you tried hitting <tab> key at power up?
That should let you cycle through the various supported
graphics modes.

Have you tried with a serial console?
disconnect the keyboard before doing this.

This is a FAQ but it's not in the parisc-linux FAQ.
If someone has a moment to submit a patch against
cvs.parisc-linux.org's web/src/faq/index.x I'll be
happy to edit/submit it.

thanks,