[parisc-linux] HP D370, kernel 2.6.x and configuration file

Corné Beerse cbeerse at lycos.nl
Mon Mar 22 09:41:45 MST 2004

Hello,

I'm intending to build kernel 2.6.4 for a HP D370 and I'm running into some
problems. The major one is the next error while doing the `make`:

arch/parisc/kernel/pdc_cons.c:102: `CON_BOOT' undeclared here (not in a function)
arch/parisc/kernel/pdc_cons.c:102: initializer element is not constant
arch/parisc/kernel/pdc_cons.c:102: (near initialization for `pdc_cons.flags')

I've tried to build without any console except for a serial console maily
because there is no other console on this hardware but also without success.

Hence my questions:

Does someone happen to have a configuration file for the D370? Can I get it
somewhere?
Is there a reason NOT to build 2.6.x on this D300 hardware?

My major reason is to get the second processor in the machine also do some work,
I don't care about 64 bits, hence 32 bits will do.

Thanks

CBee