[parisc-linux] Re: [DOC] Linux

Thibaut VARENE varenet at esiee.fr
Sat Mar 20 03:40:11 MST 2004

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 10:02:16 CET
pinotj at club-internet.fr wrote:

> +
> + 10. PA-RISC (32/64)
> + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> +	PA-7000         (PCX-S)
> +	PA-7100/PA-7150 (PCX-T)
> +	PA-7100LC       (PCX-L)
> +	PA-7200         (PCX-T')
> +	PA-7300LC       (PCX-L2)
> +	PA-8000         (PCX-U)
> +	PA-8200         (PCX-U+)
> +	PA-8500         (PCX-W)
> +	PA-8600         (PCX-W+)
> +	PA-8700         (PCX-W2)
> +
> +	705, 710, 720, 730, 750
> +       712, 715, 725, 735, 755
> +       B, C, J class workstations
> +       D, K, R, A, L, N class servers and rpXXXX servers

Well, it's a bit quick: we've got no feedback from any successful
install on R class, we only 'suspect' it should work since they're based
on D class hardware (if anyone reading this has a R running, please send
feedback by the way). L-3000 and N class only work UP, as well as P8700
boxes (rpXXXX) that have, unless i'm quite out of sync with latest
developments, some SMP troubles too. Finally, E class are supported
diskless.

> +       T and V class servers are not supported
> +       Superdome will need some additional work.

Superdome, if ever supported, will not be supported as a "Superdome"
system, but as separate units, as far as I've been told. The same goes
for 742/743 VME boards that works standalone.

Have a look at http://www.pateam.org/list.html

HTH,

Thibaut VARENE
The PA/Linux ESIEE Team