[parisc-linux] Re: No PS2 keyboard/mouse on B132L, 2.6.[34]

Martin Schulze joey at infodrom.org
Sun Mar 14 13:47:04 MST 2004

Martin Schulze wrote:
> > > # Input Device Drivers
> > > #
> > > CONFIG_INPUT_KEYBOARD=y
> > > # CONFIG_KEYBOARD_ATKBD is not set
> >
> > Please enable this one (CONFIG_KEYBOARD_ATKBD), and....
> >
> > > # CONFIG_KEYBOARD_SUNKBD is not set
> > > # CONFIG_KEYBOARD_XTKBD is not set
> > > # CONFIG_KEYBOARD_NEWTON is not set
> > > CONFIG_KEYBOARD_HIL=y
> > > CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSE=y
> > > # CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2 is not set
> >
> > this one too.
> >

> For what it's worth, these settings don't activate my keyboard,
> but... tadam...  the mouse is recognised, finally.  However, if

That must have been a strange accidential coincidence, since I haven't
been able to use the mouse again but the keyboard worked as expected.
I'm totally puzzled at the moment.

Keyboard: yes
Mouse: no

CONFIG_INPUT=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSE=y
CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2=y
CONFIG_MOUSE_HIL=y
CONFIG_SERIO=y
CONFIG_SERIO_SERPORT=y
CONFIG_SERIO_GSCPS2=y

Anything missing?

If anybody is interested, here's the kernel config
http://luonnotar.infodrom.org/~joey/config

FWIW, without CONFIG_KEYBOARD_ATKBD (in connection to CONFIG_KEYBOARD_HIL)
the keyboard is dead as a doornail, hint-thanks go to Helge.

Here's what the kernel says during boot:

mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
serio: GSC PS2 keyboard port at 0xf0108000 irq 69 @ parisc2:0:11
input: AT Raw Set 2 keyboard on parisc2:0:11
serio: GSC PS2 mouse port at 0xf0108100 irq 69 @ parisc2:0:12

That would make me think that the mouse is detected, though.

It also says lots of:
HP SDC: Transaction add failed: transaction already queued?
I guess this has nothing to do with the mouse problem.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Life is too short to run proprietary software.  -- Bdale Garbee