[parisc-linux] (no subject)

Andy Walker ajwalker at broadpark.no
Sat Mar 13 14:51:34 MST 2004

My B132L has its console on an HCRX24 GSC card (A4071B_LZ). In 2.4.25-pa1
it defaults to 32bpp and works fine. In 2.6.4-rc1-pa2 (and 2.6.3-pa0)
it now defaults to 8bpp which also works fine. I want to run the card in
32bpp though, but if I try stifb=bpp:32, or hardcoding the equivalent
in stifb.c then the machine locks hard immediately after switching to
the sti console. The screen is full of corrupted junk from the previous
shutdown and I have to hit the power button to boot again.

The HCRX24 is correctly identified in stifb.c as S9000_ID_HCRX and
IS_24_DEVICE(fb) is true. Is anybody using one of these cards in 32bpp?
I see that the code has been shuffled around a fair bit between 2.4.25
and 2.6.x and I'm not exactly sure where to start looking for problems.
Tips?

cheers,
-Andy