[parisc-linux] c360 and graphics card recommendations.

Matt Taggart taggart at carmen.fc.hp.com
Thu Mar 11 10:56:35 MST 2004

SilverHampster at aol.com writes...

> I know the fx2 does not work. cos I read all about it. I have found out  that
> the vis eg works but does it work with 24-bit colour and a 1280x1024
> resalution.

No. The VisEG hardware can only support 8-bit color(at up to 1600x1200). It
also has support for something called Color Recovery in order to get more
colors but support for that has only been implemented in the HP-UX Xserver
and will probably never be done for Linux.

> I was also wondering if a old nvidia card would work but have a fealing
> they need the x86 bios.

There has been lots of discussion on the mailing list about using PC
graphics cards. Please search the list archives.(this should probably be
added to the faq too) Short answer: it is possible for some cards, but I
don't know if nvidia is one of them.

--
Matt Taggart        Linux and Open Source Lab
taggart at fc.hp.com   Hewlett-Packard