[parisc-linux] No PS2 keyboard/mouse on B132L, 2.6.[34]

Andy Walker ajwalker at broadpark.no
Mon Mar 8 04:03:21 MST 2004

I've a B132L running Gentoo. With 2.4 I had the PS/2 keyboard working fine
throught a Raritan Compuswitch KVM, but the mouse (wireless Intellimouse
clone - 2 buttons pluss roller/middle) was dead. Decided to try out 2.6
partly to excercise udev, but mostly in the hope that all the input layer
work and pS/2 changes would bring the mouse to life. I should probably add
that there are two more machines on the KVM - a PC running 2.6.3 which runs
the mouse and keyboard flawlessly, and another PC running 2.4.24 that also
has no problems.

To the point - 2.6.3-pa0 from Gentoo hppa-dev-kernel leaves both keyboard
and mouse dead. 2.6.4-rc1-pa2 fetched by hand does exactly the same. Some
info below: