[parisc-linux] B2k and CONFIG_PDC_CONSOLE progress

Joel Soete soete.joel at tiscali.be
Sat Jan 31 04:54:03 MST 2004

Hi Grant,

Grant Grundler wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 07:05:14PM +0100, Joel Soete wrote:
>
>>Well, i made some small progress: i reach to figure out that PAGE0 status
>>changes between pdc_console_init() and pdc_io_getc():

>>Is somebody have a small idea when this change could occurs?
>

> PDC messes with page0 as well.
> You have the read the PDC ERS for each PDC call to determine
> what "side effects" it has. Consider Page Zero "shared mem"
> for the guest OS (HPUX or Linux) and PDC.

Ha ok, I still have to learn more :)

For the moment I reach to avoid any crash of 2.4 with pdc_console either I boot from graphics(0) or serial_1.
My patch works well (i can read from pdc kdb) for serial_1 but for graphics(0), I get well a login prompt from pdc
but unfortunately I don't yet reach to read from usb kbd.
But does it make sense to have pdc_console when we have an sti console?
(imho it have well sense for a serial and lan console. Please advise.)

Thanks again,
	Joel