[parisc-linux] RE: [parisc-linux-cvs] linux-2.6 carlos

Joel Soete soete.joel at tiscali.be
Thu Jan 29 00:28:45 MST 2004

>> Any way this last test set aside any pb with _my_ gcc compiler :).
>
>Undo the patch, rebuild, and see if it still fails?

I don't think it has any relation with any patch: since my first test of
2.6 I always reach to boot a 32bit kernel but never a 64bit kernel on this
b2k (that is why I hesitate a long time before trying this on the N because
suspecting a compiler pb)

>Could you explain more about the failure?

Well the pb is easy to easy:
the last messages the palo banner advising: "... If this is the last message
you see ..." then the kernel do very early a hpmc. I so try to get piminfo
but everything seems to point out of kernel :(. I so try to add some printk()
just at begining of init() (in init/main.c just before lock_kernel()) but
it seems to not even reach this point (but not quiet sure that it is a relevant
place for printk() ).
So I suspect a pb in very early boot into head64.S or vmlinux.lds.S but here
I could insert printk() ?

Any idea?

Thanks for attention,
    Joel