[parisc-linux] K380 partial success, the state of the port?

Randolph Chung tausq at debian.org
Wed Jan 28 11:15:11 MST 2004

>   Is the parisc port supposed to be this slow at it's current state, or is
> this a problem which is specific to my setup?

fork/exec is very slow on parisc right now. in other areas though
performance is not too shabby. Ryan posted lmbench results to the list
recently. Check the archive for details.

> - Should I go to the 2.6 tree? I compiled it from the CVS (to get the
> tulip driver working) but the SCSI failed:

Yes, you should go to 2.6, but as Joel pointed out SMP is not yet
working correctly.

We have a few scsi gurus on the parisc list so they can address the scsi
issues :)

randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports