[parisc-linux] explicitly allocate executable pages?

Grant Grundler grundler at parisc-linux.org
Fri Jan 16 22:58:50 MST 2004

Could someone explain the following code in arch/parisc/mm/init.c?

The #warning doesn't make sense to me since it's inside !defined()
for the thing it's talking about.

thanks,

#if !defined(CONFIG_STI_CONSOLE)
#warning STI console should explicitly allocate executable pages but does not
                                /*
                                 * Map the fault vector writable so we can
                                 * write the HPMC checksum.
                                 */
                                if (address >= ro_start && address < ro_end
                                                        && address != fv_addr
                                                        && address != gw_addr)
                                    pte = __mk_pte(address, PAGE_KERNEL_RO);
                                else
#endif