[parisc-linux] 2.6 & pdc_console pb on c110: "Warning: unable to open an initial console."

Christoph Plattner christoph.plattner at gmx.at
Wed Jan 14 16:34:48 MST 2004

Hello,

sorry  have no idea for the hang up on boot!
BUT: experiments with the MUX driver has show, that
using not ttyB0 (but 1,2...) there system also
hangs up.
BUT: This is no explanation for this problem here.
The PDC console driver calls the "BIOS-like" routines
for printing out (and polling keys !).
All the "printk()" are printed directly (without my
PDC console driver), and everything running via
"/dev/console" or "/dev/ttyB0" goes through the
driver. Is the kernel so far, that an `open(
"/dev/console"' is already called (just done in
kernel before calling "/sbin/init" or "/bin/sh") ?

Christoph