[parisc-linux] running gcc testsuite triggers ongoing page faults

Randolph Chung tausq at debian.org
Sun Jan 11 03:08:53 MST 2004

In reference to a message from Matthias Klose, dated Jan 11:
> I think I did see this first with gcc-3.3 from 20031229. Running the
> 3.3 testsuite (gcc) doesn't terminate. Instead, I see expect eating
> all CPU time, together with syslogd and klogd. /var get's filled with
> log messages in kern.log, syslog and debug.
>
> The machine is a A500, kernel from the archives (kernel-image-2.4.21-64-smp_pa7.3)

jda sees this problem too, but we haven't been able to isolate it. if
you can find out which test case causes this we might be able to figure
it out.

also it appears that when running a UP kernel this doesn't happen.

randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports