[parisc-linux] Xfree on C3000 visualize

Matt Lewis nitephyre at iinet.net.au
Fri Jan 9 02:29:45 MST 2004

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3070354300&category=11221

is that one that would work?
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Randolph Chung
  To: Matt Lewis
  Cc: parisc-linux at lists.parisc-linux.org
  Sent: Friday, January 09, 2004 7:49 PM
  Subject: Re: [parisc-linux] Xfree on C3000 visualize

  In reference to a message from Matt Lewis, dated Jan 09:
  > ah crap..
  >
  > ok then, can i use my normal TNT2 then?

  (please reply on the list)

  In general x86 video cards do not work because they have bios that need
  to run x86 code (that's my understanding anyway). this has been
  discussed several times on the list.  there's an additional problem
  which is that some pa firmware refuses to boot with non-HP gfx cards.

  Your best bet is to get a PCI Vis-EG card which do work quite well.

  randolph
  --
  Randolph Chung
  Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports