[parisc-linux] Xfree on C3000 visualize

Randolph Chung randolph at tausq.org
Fri Jan 9 02:49:04 MST 2004

In reference to a message from Matt Lewis, dated Jan 09:
> ah crap..
>
> ok then, can i use my normal TNT2 then?

(please reply on the list)

In general x86 video cards do not work because they have bios that need
to run x86 code (that's my understanding anyway). this has been
discussed several times on the list.  there's an additional problem
which is that some pa firmware refuses to boot with non-HP gfx cards.

Your best bet is to get a PCI Vis-EG card which do work quite well.

randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports