[parisc-linux] [Status] hppa's userspace in 2004 (looking back)

Joel Soete soete.joel at tiscali.be
Thu Jan 8 01:06:16 MST 2004

Hi Carlos,

>========
>GNU/libc
>========
>
>I'm here to speak on behalf of the userspace work we have done. Glibc is
>in *much* better shape than before, a year ago there were so many errors
>I didn't know where to begin. Our current list of failures is down to:
>
>make[2]: *** [/glibc-work/build-hppa/math/test-float.out] Error 136
>make[2]: *** [/glibc-work/build-hppa/math/test-double.out] Error 1
>make[2]: *** [/glibc-work/build-hppa/math/test-ifloat.out] Error 136
>make[1]: *** [math/tests] Error 2
>
>These three tests are related to the fact that we don't have long double
>supported properly. Waiting on HP to release the code.

Looking for something similar, some time ago, I figure out that Paul released
some interesting hp lib stuff in gcc snapshot (the futur 3.4) into gcc/config/pa
 as milli64.S (optimized div, mul, ....), ... (my last cvs update was dated
of dec 2003 and it seems that this feature was dated of Aug 2003 so I trust
that last debian package gcc-snapshot should also contain this material)

I just don't yet reach to rebuild it (gcc-snapshot) following toolchain process
(but I don't much retry because of gnu pserver cvs pb; in the mean time I
read that new anonymous access would be with ssh, even though last weekend
it was not yet operational?) because I much work on 3.3.3.

hth,
    Joel