[parisc-linux] Probem Installing: slang(version).deb corrupt

Joel Soete soete.joel at tiscali.be
Sat Jan 3 04:28:15 MST 2004

Matt Lewis wrote:
> Hi, I have a HP Visualize C3000 and i'm trying to install Debian HPPA on it... and every time i try to install the base system, whether it be from CD or http, i get the message of "slang(version_here).deb is corrupt. could not download"
>
> is there any way around this?

IIRC, the c3k require a more recent kernel and what could help is a recent net-install iso cd available at:
<http://www.pateam.org/cd-images/testing/>

and this install would work via a serial console (simply unplug kdb amd mouse and pdc will swicth automaticaly to this serial
console).

  since my machine hasn't got HPUX on it, and i cant find anywhere to download it :|

Yes AFAIK you would have to order this CD near HP.

hth,
	Joel