[parisc-linux] Disk hanging problems with 715/100XC fixed

Grant Grundler grundler at parisc-linux.org
Fri Jan 2 12:45:12 MST 2004

On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 05:55:08PM -0400, Steve Bromwich wrote:
> I fixed this by setting NCR_700_MAX_TAGS to 8 in drivers/scsi/53c700.h.

As of 5 years ago, HP-UX default was 8 for servers and 2 for workstations.
I point this out because it means the SCSI devices one is likely
to get with a parisc machine have only been qualified to work with
8 IOs outstanding. Setting MAX_TAGS to 8 might be a good first step
for all SCSI drivers when problems like this show up.