[parisc-linux] HP1825 and PCI Vis-EG at 1600x1200

John David Anglin dave at hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca
Mon Feb 16 19:30:31 MST 2004

> I just recently got an HP 1825 Flat panel display.
> The documentation says the panel supports 1600x1200 resolution
> via analog (not DVI) input at 75Khz Hsync, 60Hz refresh (Vsync).

I tried 1600x1200 @ 75Hz on a NEC LCD.  However, I found that the
redraw time with the VIS-EG was too long for my taste.  I settled
for 1280x1024 @ 75 Hz.

> Anyone already know if PCI Vis-EG card can output that?
> If so how? Maybe some sort of custom "mode line" in PDC?
> I'm looking for concrete steps, not speculation.

The C3k manual describes the commands needed to the Vis-EG
to its predefined modes.

> I'll hunt a bit more on the internet since I'm pretty sure
> I've seen some of the HP parisc workstations allow for
> a "custom" video output but don't know if Vis-EG allows
> that or where the steps to do it are described.

If I recall, there is a line in the list of settings for the
Vis-EG for user defined settings.  However, I couldn'd figure
out how to set them.

Dave
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
National Research Council of Canada              (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)