[parisc-linux] C3000 video options

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Sun Feb 15 09:06:01 MST 2004

On Sul, 2004-02-15 at 03:36, M. Grabert wrote:
> Someone tried Voodoo2, but no success report so far.

Voodoo2 fb works for some cards. I'm currently debugging an accelerated
2D Voodoo2 driver that should work bi-endian with some tiny fixes

> You'll be lucky to get any (ix86) PCI graphics card working on Linux/PA-RISC.
> The best bet would be to get a Visualize-EG, or some graphics card that
> doesn't require initialization via (ix86-)BIOS (eg. Matrox Millenium).

Older S3, Matrox fit that, the XFree86 code has an x86 emulator which
will boot some more cards tho it does fail on some too where real vm86
works (eg C&T video BIOS)

Alan