[parisc-linux] glibc-2.3.3 & gcc-snapshot (3.5.0) pb

Joel Soete soete.joel at tiscali.be
Sat Feb 14 07:52:12 MST 2004

Grant Grundler wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 02:49:08PM -0500, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>
>>Aggressive inlining, and inlining mistakes might cause the function to
>>disapper. Unless you can produce a *small* testcase the gcc team will
>>not look at the bug. You can't say "glibc doesn't build with gcc-3.5"
>>... well I guess you can, but nobody will have a clue how to fix the
>>issue.

I understand, so better try to find a fix myself?
In the mean time, as James find the shmem BUG(), I take a more to time to look for gcc ml archive ;)
And I find on gcc-help a another pb of asm inlining <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2004-02/msg00076.html>
and advise of change <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2004-02/msg00077.html>.
If I don't reach to find an elegant solution, can I also address some messages on gcc-help ml?

> And he should say *something*.
> Pointing at the problem is a first step towards fixing it.
> Don't wait until you have a "small" test case to point out a problem
> since one might never (have time to) find one.
>
> Even though I fix very few bugs these days, I'm grateful for
> every bug report.

Thanks to all for advise and attention,
	Joel