[parisc-linux] UNable to boot the cd.

Joel Soete soete.joel at tiscali.be
Wed Feb 4 04:47:15 MST 2004

Hi Asif,

>I was right , as per the listings inthe  forum !
>When I try to search - the cd's doesnt get  seacrched as ipl device!
>Secondly when i boot from the Main muenu all i get message is
>Booting from device not ready....

>But the same device  works fine with HPUX OS cd..

For me that exclude cdrom driver pb ;)

And seems also that CD Creator can also write raw image by this method (I
have unfortunately no experience with this tool but I can check if cdrecord
exits for NT systems?).
So the last pb I can see is a pb of image corruption (during file transfer):

could you check the md5sum of your file
(if you don't have other linux box to do, on your XP you could install it
eg. with cygwin tools with <http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/setup.exe> ;)

Cheers,
    Joel