[parisc-linux] Bug in kernel 2.4.23 concerning use of SCSI

Joel Soete soete.joel at tiscali.be
Fri Apr 30 13:22:44 MDT 2004

Hello Jay,

Do you find a solution?

Joel Soete wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Just for curiosity, can you join a dmesg file.
>
> Thanks,
>     Joel

My question was in fact to confirm me that you are using the same driver then the one I used on my c110:
[snip]
53c700: Version 2.8 By James.Bottomley at HansenPartnership.com
scsi1: 53c710 rev 2
scsi1 : LASI SCSI 53c700

on which I only connected a SE (single ended) rw cdrom drive which works perfectly but also I never tested so big disk on this
controler.

Is your 50Gb disk is also a single ended one, a low or high voltage?
Doesn't it need some special hw config (jumper) to be a single ended scsi device?
Is your chain is well terminated?

Cheers,
	Joel