[parisc-linux] 2.6.5-rc2-pa2 boot panic on c110 :(

Andy Walker ajwalker at broadpark.no
Fri Apr 16 05:19:51 MDT 2004

>>That said, thanks to viewcvs, cvs and some tbz I recover from my systems,
> I >reach to rebuild on my b2k at the office:
>>2.6.3-pa2 (runing simultaneoulsy 2 find on different linux tree, a
>> tar of one of those tree) survive :)
>>2.6.4-rc1-pa3 same test: survive (so no pb with ccio-dma changes) :)
>>but 2.6.4-rc4-pa6 died with same messages.
>
> Sorry a typo: read 2.6.4-rc3-pa6 in place of rc4 :(
>
> Joel

Joel,

2.6.6-rc1-pa0 shows the same behaviour, although it does seem to make it
through the Gentoo boot process most times. Typically, 'ls <TAB><TAB>' in
bash in a largeish directory will do the trick. The bash process ends up
in disk-wait, the WARN_ON gets logged. I can switch consoles and log in
but just about anything that goes to disk ends up in disk-wait too.

I've compiled 2.6.3-pa2 in the hope of getting the C180 up and stable.
Can't boot it until this evening because the machine's at home and
AUTOBOOT is OFF.

-Andy