[parisc-linux] Problem with SCSI in K-Class

Jens_Konrad/Linotype/DE at linotype.com Jens_Konrad/Linotype/DE at linotype.com
Thu Apr 15 13:04:59 MDT 2004

Hi guys,

I got my K-Class 200 working in single kernel mode, it is booting from high voltage scsi - on the normal scsi I got a CD-Rom and a Streamer.

Now I took away the streamer and replaced it with a 50GB SCSI and booted the machine. During boot he can see the HD without any problems (it is a Seagate), and I can also address it via fdisk (it is
sde).

But when I try to partition it, it comes as far as writing superblocks - and then I get a stack dump and the kernel panics, the machine freezes - and that was it.

My guess is that the low voltage scsi-controller cannot handle the size of the HD - could that be?? Anyone have an idea how I could get the disk to work?? I would really love to use it, since I wanted
to use the K-Class 200 as a file server.

Yours,

Jay