[parisc-linux] 2.6.5-rc2-pa2 boot panic on c110 :(

Ryan Bradetich rbradetich at uswest.net
Wed Apr 14 08:36:18 MDT 2004

> >Would you be interested in trying the lifimage I complied and
> >successfully booted on both the J200 and the C110?
>
> Just a stupid question: where can I grab this lifimage?

I can make this lifimage available ... I will you a url once I have this
setup.

> > If the lifimage
> >boots on your system then we localize the problem down to possible tool
> >chain or .config problem (I used the defconfig).
>
> Right I forgot to test defconfig.
>
> That said, to get you more detail on my pb:
>  - in genral i can reach to boot the system with 2.6.5-paX
>  - the pb occurs when I try high i/o rate on disk (ie  a find, a fsck ,
> a tar or some time a simple cp of the kernel from a fs to another one)
>  - the pb can also occurs at boot time if a fs is not clear (a fsck is
> so requested) or if a raid partition has to be sync (ie once again high i/o
> rate on disks).

Ah .. I was under the impression it was a boot problem.  I will perform
the find, fsck and tar tests tests ... I only have a small disk (~500MB)
in the system so i will probably need to setup some external disks.  I
will try the tests w/o using software raid first, then add in the
software raid as a an additional variable.  This may take me a couple of
days to get this accomplished (busy work schedule :().

Thanks!

- Ryan