[parisc-linux] 2.6.5-rc2-pa2 boot panic on c110 :(

Grant Grundler grundler at parisc-linux.org
Sat Apr 10 12:14:39 MDT 2004

On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 08:32:04AM +0000, Joel Soete wrote:
> I will so just reversed mentioned patches, check if it is the real
> cause of my pb.

ok

> If yes (I don't see what else) re-apply patch hunk by hunk until it breaks
> again?

That won't work with the changes to ccio driver. It's all or nothing.

> Any better idea?

I don't understand why C360 (James' machine) works and C110 (your machine)
does not.  C110 doesn't have PCI and maybe different keyboard/LAN.
Find out what is different between the two machines and see if ccio
changes broke one of the drivers for the different HW.

You might need to add pdc_io_reset_devices() to ccio_ioc_init()
since we moved that out of the common code path. I don't see that
in CCIO driver and it's not clear to me if HIL or LAN need it on C110.

It *might* need pdc_io_reset() call instead (or in addition)
but I don't know.  Just another thing to be aware of.