[parisc-linux] EISA-Card in 715 /100

Andy Walker ajwalker at broadpark.no
Wed Apr 7 00:20:17 MDT 2004

> Hello,
>
> my HP 715/100 has an extra graphics card (HCRX-24?). Now I have read
> that some 715s have an EISA-Slot instead of this graphics card. Can I
> replace my graphics card with an EISA-Card. And if yes, can I also use
> an ISA-card (e.g. an ISDN-Card)?
>
> T.i.a,
>     Ruediger

Hi Rüdiger,

As I understand it, EISA was provided on the 715s by an adapter card that
sat in the GSC slot. Seems reasonable as both are controlled by WAX. So if
you have a GSC card in the slot you presumably don't have the adapter.

In theory you can use ISA cards in EISA slots, but cars needing DMA will
not work.

-Andy