[parisc-linux] Re: [parisc-linux-cvs] linux-2.6 jejb

Randolph Chung randolph at tausq.org
Tue Apr 6 09:40:40 MDT 2004

> It's possible.  As global flushes get removed any lurking holes in the
> rest of the API will emerge when they stop being covered by the global
> flush.

i also saw a weird problem last night where i suddenly ran out of
memory (1.5G physical + 500MB swap) and the OOM killer killed lots of
apache processes. Earlier I was running a gdb testsuite and had to kill
a bunch of stuck processes (there's some problems in gdb that i'm
debugging...). There are a lot of "protection id trap" messages in my
kernel log. not sure which bit was real and which bit was coincidence
though :(

i'll try this again with an older kernel and see what happens.

randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports