[parisc-linux] Re: [parisc-linux-cvs] linux-2.6 jejb

Carlos O'Donell carlos at baldric.uwo.ca
Tue Apr 6 07:21:58 MDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 11:41:31AM -0600, James Bottomley wrote:
> CVSROOT:	/var/cvs
> Module name:	linux-2.6
> Changes by:	jejb	04/04/05 11:41:31
>
> Modified files:
> 	.              : Makefile
> 	include/asm-parisc: cacheflush.h
>
> Log message:
> Fix our gdb breakpoint problem
>
> Removing the full cache flush on non-current process access showed up a
> but in copy_to_user_page(), which is now fixed.
>
> I also revoked the uselessly named
>
> flush_icache_user_range()

What was the fix? Can you explain the change please? :)

The glibc test-suite almost completed without issue on the newest
kernel, though I saw a transient failure in one of the resolv tests, it
wasn't a failure in the test, but rather the test ran longer than 2
seconds and was killed. The test uses mtrace() and I've not been able to
duplicate the failure, the test should *not* have run over the
milisecond mark.  I wasn't running anything on the box at that point so
it worries me quite a bit. With the box up and running I'm no longer
able to trigger the slow behaviour that caused the timeout. Previous to
this I had run the entire compile + testsuite from a clean boot, I'll
see if doing that again triggers the failure. It might not be related to
anything you've done, I don't think I've ever run a glibc build and
testsuite from a cold boot... who knows what VM issues lurk?

c.