[parisc-linux] MAX_ADDRESS.

Naresh knaresh@india.hp.com
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 17:54:30 +0530

MAX_ADDRESS has nothing to do with DISCONTIGMEM. Its definition is generic(
pgtable.h), although it is not used anywhere. I just happened to see the comment in
the DISCONTIGMEM code. Even if DISCONTIGMEM is turned off, there is no check for
MAX_ADDRESS before the call to 'map_pages()' in 'pagetable_init( )', which is why I
would like to know if MAX_ADDRESS can be ignored.

Regards,
Naresh.