[parisc-linux] N Class SMP pb ? (follow up)

Joel Soete soete.joel@tiscali.be
Thu, 25 Sep 2003 16:56:26 +0200

Hi all,

Trying to continue investigation, I puted a printk at the begining of handle_interruption()
to get just the interruption's 'code' managed.

As already mentionned in previous mail that I could read many 6, 15 (but
it seems to be normal: e
en in UP kernel those interruption occurs) but
(most interesting) it is the very first time that I got the message making
failled the kernel:
[...]
handle_interruption(26, ...).
SMP CALL FUNCTION TIMED OUT (CPU=1)
handle_interruption(26, ...).

    Stack dump:

[...]

(unfortunately I couldn't grab this dump :( )

Could this be a pb with sync between cpu time ref? (because timeout = jiffies
+ HZ)

I have also a look for where this function is called but never see its return
code tested to launch a 'stack dump' and a stop of system?

Thanks in advance for help,
    Joel

PS: I don't know if it is important but the two cpus on this server are located
in slot 1 and 3 (not in slot 1 and 2 as we would logicaly expect)

L'Internet rapide, c'est pour tout le monde. Tiscali ADSL, 19,50 Euro
pendant 3 mois! http://reg.tiscali.be/default.asp?lg=fr