[parisc-linux] Compile-Error with linux-2.6 and harmony

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:10:26 +0100

On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 03:40:41PM +0200, Thibaut VARČNE wrote:
> >   sound/oss/harmony.c:1237: Warnung: implicit declaration of function
> >   `ccio_get_fake'
>
> has nothing to do with this:
>
> >   sound/built-in.o(.init.text+0x3a0): undefined reference to
> >   `ccio_get_fake'

Yes it does.  The function no longer exists, so there's no prototype
for it.  OSS harmony needs to get fixed to use the parisc_device and
the generic DMA mapping stuff.

> >I thought that only the alsa harmony driver makes trouble when
> >linking? I also can't find this function "ccio_get_fake" anywhere.
>
> yeah that's known. ALSA Harmony won't link at the moment. Be patient,
> this will be fixed ;)

The ALSA harmony doesn't work either, and for similar reasons, though
it'll be harder to fix.  Basically, ALSA has to get converted to
the generic DMA mapping model rather than being so bus-type centric.
And that's a huge job because ALSA is a complete disgrace to humanity.