[Fwd: [parisc-linux] Problems with raw interface.]

Stephen C. Tweedie sct@redhat.com
19 Sep 2003 17:34:04 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 22:08, Alan Cox wrote:
> Might interest you since this is possibly showing raw has cache
> coherency issues with HPPA (which is basically software coherency only)

Do you _ever_ get valid output, or is raw always failing?  There may
well be a cache coherency point being missed.

The key places are rw_raw_dev(), where we set up the virtual address to
physical page mappings, and brw_kiovec(), where the actual physical page
IO is done.

--Stephen