[parisc-linux] sched_clock implementation

Joel Soete joel.soete@tiscali.be
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 15:32:41 +0000

Matthew Wilcox wrote:

>Anyone want to do better than the lame implementation?  ;-)
>
>----- Forwarded message from Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org> -----
>
>I'll be merging Ingo & Con's CPOU scheduler changes into Linus's tree soon.
>
>It does require that the architecture provides a new timing function:
>
>A lame implementation is:
>
>/*
> * Returns nanoseconds
> */

Hi Willy,

(Certainly yet another stupid question but) to reach such accuracy we
would need to have access to some 'time device' with an accuracy better
then the nanosec (iirc 10^-9) (because it doesn't seems to me possible
to get enough accuracy with cpu clock < 10^9 ie 1Ghz: the most case for
parisc systems). Does it exist such device and where to start to read
some doc?

Tanks,
    Joel