[parisc-linux] x86 on b2000

Joel Soete joel.soete@tiscali.be
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:23:02 +0000

Grant Grundler wrote:

>On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 08:03:07PM +0100, mmogenius@v8fiesta.co.uk wrote:
>

>>I have tried this but i am still getting the same error message...
>>
>>Fatal server error:
>>AddScreen/ScreenInit Failed for driver 0
>>

>>With me having 2 cards in the machine do i need to specify wich one to use ?
>>

>Maybe. I would expect the default to be the console.
>Can you remove one of the cards?

hmm I presume that the first one is the builtin (not removable) gfx
(which is not supported :( ) and the additional one is supported and
pluged into a pci slot (so removable but the one usefull)?

Afaik i don't think that it is possible to 'remove' (even logicaly with
some strap or switch) the builtin gfx.
Anyway, it is possible to change the default monitor to 'graphics1' (as
afaik here the pdc would recognise the additional gfx) with help of
COnfiguration submenu at bootprompt. (may be MO cmd would help to get
more accurate info?)

Or (into linux system) should it be also possible to create a /dev/fb1
(MAKEDEV iirc) and change with fbset the default fb device to fb1?

>>if so where can i get the information to do this as i am not having much luck
>>finding any documentation. Thanks
>>

>Try searching tha parisc-linux mailing list for "ScreenInit Failed".
>Plenty of hits on this topic.
>
>If none of the above helps, can you post the full Xfree86.log.0?
>
>grant

hth,
    Joel