[parisc-linux] Kexec for pa-risc

Bruno Vidal bruno_vidal@hp.com
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 11:29:15 +0200

	Hi,
I'm still looking to speed up dump creation. One solution (and with
less re-work) is to dump directly in memory, mark pages as
reserved, reboot a brand new kernel with an add-on to still
have dump pages marked as reserved (without clearing memory,
by-passing bios, etc...), and then use the standart
disk driver to flush the dump, and then release the pages.

I think that main part of the job has already been done with
kexec, does someone already looked at it to port on pa-linux ?

     Cheers.

--
	Vidal Bruno, (770-4271)
         SSD-HA Team, HP-UX & LINUX Support