[parisc-linux] Re: Looking for info on getting X running on my 712

Grant Grundler grundler@parisc-linux.org
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 23:30:49 -0600

On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 06:36:46PM -0700, Thomson Family wrote:
> Hi Grant,
>
> This isn't exactly a developer question, but if you could point me in
> the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

parisc-linux@lists.parisc-linux.org is normally a good starting point.
I've cc'd the list in case someone else has better ideas.

> I've loaded Debian's Woody on my 712 and everything seems to be
> working fine, but I'm unable to get X up and running.  I can't seem
> to find any info on doing so. Ultimately I get "Screen/ScreenInit
> failed for driver 0" when I run startx. I've noticed that when things
> work fine for other folks, there isn't much posted on the web.

The 712's have been working quite awhile and it's just further
back in the mail archives! ;^)

You might also look at ftp://ftp.parisc-linux.org/kernels/712/
and try out the XF86Config files there.

grant