[parisc-linux] HP B132L hangs

Sebastian Brückner sebastian.brueckner@epost.de
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 17:33:10 +0200

Joel Soete:
> Yes it looks like a disk becoming defective. The best way to be sure is
> to use a hp cdrom containing Diagnostic tools (iirc the last hpux
> support + would contains it). This cd is bootable and contains tools
> allowing you test your disk.

I don't have such a cd...
I have only two HP cd sets:
"HP-UX Applications/Patches 10.20" 5 CDs
"Additional Core Enhancements HP-UX 10.20 Workstations" 1 CD

Do you know if one of them contains these tools?

> If you have another system on which you can connect your suspected disk
> you can also try a dd cmd like:
> dd if=/dev/rdsk/c0txd0 of=/dev/null bs=2048k (where you replace
> /dev/rdsk/c0txd0 by the actual disk path)

See my other post for results of backup... it provoced the same (or at
least a similar) error :-/
I do not currently have another system I could put the disk in (I got a
C200 but it is not in a working state right now). The disk does not
contain too important data - but it was a lot of work to set up the router.

thx,
   Sebastian