[parisc-linux] C110 builtin nic slow?

Joel Soete soete.joel@tiscali.be
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 09:39:48 +0100

Grant, Matthew,

>>On Sun, Oct 26, 2003 at 09:10:44PM +0000, Joel Soete wrote:
>> How may I find and reset the speed setup of a nic (I mean which 10 or

>> 100 Mb, half or full duplex)?
>
>ethtool?

I will check on my own pc (hp cards but don't remember the model)

hmm I test here with a 3C905B (on an hp vectra) but:
# ethtool eth0
Settings for eth0:
No data available

???

(same results on a b180 with eth0: Digital DS21143 Tulip rev 65 [last kernel
2.4.21])

>> In a second though I just remember that the pc boot first (i need
>> minicom console to boot c110) then latter the c110. So it could be that

>> the first one is set in 100 half as default (no connection at boot time)

>> and the second 10 half?
>
>shouldn't matter unless auto-negotiation is broken for one driver or
>the other. If they are point-to-point,

It is a cross-cable

> I expect the negotiation to take place when the link is brought up with

>the second NIC.

I am curious to see if ethtool works for my pc's nic to check the behaviour
on this side.

Thanks for all info,
    Joel

Tiscali ADSL: 3 mois GRATUITS! L'Internet rapide, c'est pour tout le monde.

http://reg.tiscali.be/default.asp?lg=fr