[parisc-linux] Install failure: C240, 3.0r1, 2003.09.24 and 2003.10.22 net inst isos

Nicholas Leippe nick@byu.edu
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 20:33:00 -0600

Hello all,

I just got my new C240 set up and attempted to install.  With either of

palinux-2.4.22-pa9-20030924-netinst.iso
palinux-2.4.22-pa13-20031022-netinst.iso

it boots into the debian installer and then promptly hangs at the 'select
language' menu.  I dug around the archives and found an email about this
from several years ago, but no resolution was posted.

So I dug out my 3.0r1 cd to try but got an HPMC a little ways into the
kernel boot.  I know the 3.0r1 cd is good, since I successfully installed
a C180 with it (besides checking the md5s, which I also did for the
netinst isos).

HPUX 11.11 successfully boots on this machine, so I'm not leaning towards
thinking there's a hardware fault.

Any ideas?  Need more info?--just tell me what and how to get it.

Nick