[parisc-linux] fenv laid to rest, 50% done porting dbl-64 to ldbl-64, no testing yet.

Tue, 21 Oct 2003 13:31:18 -0400 (EDT)

> >I think we should hold off on implementing this until we get a final
> >decision from HP on whether they will release their quadlib or not.
>
> It's a long time we are awaiting this decision?

Yes.

> In the mean time, does it exists an URL where I can find spec?

The library implements the basic arithmetic operations for the long
double type.  I believe that you have to pay to get the spec from
ANSI or IEC (ANSI/IEEE Std 754-1985 or IEC 60559).  I don't have
a copy but possibly you might find one with google.  The HP library
isn't publicly documented but it's pretty obvious what the routines
do.

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
National Research Council of Canada              (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)