[parisc-linux] Re: HPPA FPU Specification? (FE_INEXACT raised by accident)

Sun, 19 Oct 2003 19:16:03 -0400 (EDT)

> I've noticed that I cannot generate an underflow or overflow exception
> without also forcing an inexact exception on my PA 2.0 system. Are you
> familiar with this behaviour at all? I'm trying to straighten our fenv
> setup, and this is really the last crinkle.

I suggest looking at page 10-7.  It describes the PA 2.0 behavior
for this situation.  I'm not an IEEE so I don't know offhand what it
mandates.

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
National Research Council of Canada              (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)