[parisc-linux] L2000/N4000 smp devices/boot compare??

Joel Soete soete.joel@tiscali.be
Sat, 18 Oct 2003 23:30:18 +0000

Grant Grundler wrote:

>>Well, when I will ( ;) ) have a more accurate idea of what mean
>>_(ab)use_ kmpa() (i thinks it is to write a parisc specific kmpa() as
>>for some other platform?) and the work it would require, I will so ask
>>on the list. But before all, I still need to learn a lot on vm and so
>>read A. Tananenbaum book on vm as well as the (excelent) Mel Gorman thesis.

Grant,

Well, the 'Operating systems design and implementation' of Andrew S.
Tanenbaum & Albert S. Woodhull (2d edition) is available near Prentice
Hall (I don't know if another format (pdf, html) is available, sorry).

OTC the thesis of Mel Gorman 'Understanding The Linux Virtual Memory
Manager' and 'Code Commentary On The Linux Virtual Memory Manager' is
available as html and pdf format at:

<http://www.csn.ul.ie/~mel/projects/vm/>

as well as many interesting material (but I will let you read).

hth,
	Joel