[parisc-linux] [Fwd: Re: Repair of BM200-3601]

Christoph Plattner christoph.plattner@gmx.at
Sat, 11 Oct 2003 00:27:56 +0200

--------------060609080300000004040500

The Mail to "Ed J.M. Veling" was bounced by a BLACKHOLE LIST filter.
So I resend it to PA-RISC group !

Bye
Christoph

private:	christoph.plattner@gmx.at
company:	christoph.plattner@alcatel.at

--------------060609080300000004040500
 filename="Re: Repair of BM200-3601"

Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 23:57:30 +0200
From: Christoph Plattner <christoph.plattner@gmx.at>
To: "Ed J.M. Veling" <Ed.Veling@CiTG.TUDelft.nl>
Subject: Re: Repair of BM200-3601

Sorry to hear that .... I also suffer, if my "old machines"
have troubles ....

Hello,
do we speak here about the same type of power supply, then I may
help you perhaps.

Ths small SIMM-lile module on the 60-pin conntector side, is a
supervision module generating the "emergency stop" signal to
the power supply, if there is a problem. Further it generates the
the RESET signal for the machine (or better the POWER GOOD signal).

As I remember the schematics, there are 6 reasons for switching
off the power supply:
Over 5V, 12V, under -5, -12V, over current and over temperature.
You have to find out, which is true here.

Check the type, and reply if you need further help ....
Christoph